Friday, January 23, 2009

Beginning Again

It has been over 3 weeks since I blogged. I want to thank those of you who have been asking. Since I deleted the one blog, I have been seriously asking myself is it worth putting myself out there in this fashion, leaving myself open to hurt. I have adjusted the process by which people can comment on this blog.
In seeking whether to continue or not, a friend suggested to me that maybe the blog is not just for me, but is also a ministry to others who are struggling with their walk of faith. I had never thought of it from that perspective. After all it is subtitled, "My life, such as it is" - which is all about me.
SO here I am writing again. Admittedly I am nervous, not wanting to be subject to what happened before.
Since I last wrote, my two sons have celebrated their birthdays. Those occasions cased me to wonder how I can have children that old? My sweet grandson has lost TWO teeth. My son in law's job has been eliminated. My daughter is concerned because they have let people go at her office.
I had another sleep test. I have not heard from the doctor, although the test was 11 days ago. The technician did tell me 1) my sleep mask is too small; 2) he kept my oxygen levels in the 90% range all night and 3) he had the machine pressure up to 19/12 to keep me breathing (my machine at home is set at 17/11)
I joined the gym and have signed up for one of its programs called "I Lost It At PEAC" - a combination weight loss and work out program. It begins next week for two months.
At the gym I have been increasing my levels and times on the treadmill and recumbent bike - today I burned a total of 375 calories on them combined - big for me. I have increased the weights on the arm, thigh, crunch and back machines. Walking the track is still painful for my back, but one day I actually walked a total of 8 laps (not consecutively) which totals a mile.
John's car is still apart in the garage, so many days he uses mine and I am at home.
That about catches us up. Except to say I am looking for shorts today because the temperature has gone up to almost 50 from in the low 20s for quite a while.

1 comment:

Meg Sargent said...

That is wonderful about you joining the gym. I know you can do it. What kind of track are you using to walk on? Our town has an outdoor track and for ours 8 laps would be equal to 2 miles. Keep up the great work and I love to read your blogs. I will be praying for your family.
(((HUGS)))
Meg