Monday, April 20, 2009

Some Random Things

There is nothing new right now on the medical front. My nose is continuing to heal. I need to make some calls to try and find a new sleep doctor. I see my dietitian on Friday.
I have been increasing my workouts at the gym because the scale has not moved in almost a month now. As a result, I am hungrier all afternoon and evening. I eat a good snack and dinner. I have added more protein to my bedtime snack. All in hopes of curbing the hunger.
My sleep machine and mask are working well. Most nights I only have to get up once to make a pit stop. About half the time it takes me a long time to get back to sleep. Some nights I ne
ver get back to sleep after that. But overall, I am sleeping better. I still do not feel really rested, but maybe with more time that will come.
Hubby was in TN this past weekend. He wanted me to go, but I just did not feel up to it. As it turns out, I think that was a good thing. He went to see our friends in Crossville. When we saw them last month Bob was in a nursing home. This time, he had just been taken to the ER at the hospital. John did get to visit him there. He also saw some of the tornado damage in Murfreesboro.
Several have asked about my thoughts on AI and DWTS. SO here goes.
AI: Danny is by far my favorite. Adam is a good singer, but has an unfair advantage as
he has been on Broadway and recorded already, and his style is not what I like to listen to. At first Lil was a favorite, but until this past week, her song choices did not showcase her talent. I began to wonder if she just does not have what it takes. This past week I thought she did much better.
Matt is all over
the place - good week, bad week. I was surprised he got the save. Anoop has been pretty good most weeks, but seems too aloof and too sold on himself. Alison can sing, but not my style. Kris is another one who is inconsistent. Good week, bad week.
Danny's voice and style appeal to me. If you listen to the songs on my IPOD you will find a majority of the artists have his kind of soulful, gravely voice - Marsh Hal
l, Regi Stone, Jeremy Camp, Cris Tomlin, Phil Driscoll, Joe Cocker etc. He brought me to tears this past week at the end when he looked up - I imagined him thinking of his wife. He brings a passion and emotional quality to each song. To me he is the real deal.
DWTS: Although I have liked Lacey ever since she appeared on SO You Think You Can Dance, Her partner Steve-O needed to go.
My overall complaint about the show is the female professionals (with one exception, Cheryl) are too concerned with showing themselves and their bodies off (in those skimpy outfits) and do not make their partners look good. Cheryl is the outstanding ex
ception. She is a phenomenal dancer and choreographer. Yet each week she showcases her partner. She has done this every season and continues to do so with Giles. They are definitely my pick this year.
Shawn and Mark are adorable and do well together. Kim and Derek are fun to watch. He is a fantast
ic dancer and choreographer. Tony and Melissa are good most weeks. Ty tries hard, but is a stiff dancer. Lawrence is so easily discouraged and his partner outshines him too much. It emphasizes his weaknesses. Julianne and Chuck do not move me. In the past she has wowed me with her choreography. This year there is too mach dating drama.
So there you have it. My random thoughts.

3 comments:

i am supergirl. said...

i <3 ai. its one of my favorite shows and i watch it every week.
i agree with you that danny has the most appeal and that adam definitely has an unfair advantage.
but i love me some chris!! i gotta represent the arkansas in me :) lol.

Unknown said...

As they say, no news is good news! In weight watchers, they tell us that getting to a plateau is not unusual. I hope your workout will bring the result you're looking for! You've come so far and been working so hard and diligently. Stay positive. You're probably building up muscle that will help you burn more calories.

Dottie said...

Ruthie just checking in on how you are doing! I do not watch either one of those shows so I can make no comment. Hope you are having a great day! God Bless you my friend!