Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Lost All Of My Groceries

(I posted this on Spark People but I wanted to share it with my other friends too)
For 30 years I did the grocery store routine every week or so. Then about 5 years ago my lower back began to hurt when i walked. My husband had to start coming with me to help me make it through the shopping trip. Finally it got so bad, I just could not go to the store any
mor
e. 
Thankfully, I found PEAPOD on line. I could order all of my groceries on the computer and have them delivered to my house. All I had to do was unpack them
 and put them away. Still painful but not as much. 
I am thrilled to report that in the past few months, due to all I have accomplished here on SP (eating healthy, exercising and losing weight), I can now go to the grocery store again
. As long as I have the cart to lean on, I can make it through the store and checkout, and get the groceries into the car. When I get home, most of the time there is someone here to help carry them into the house. 
Last week, my husband was the one who helped me. But I noticed before he brought the bags into the kitchen, he first carried them upstairs. I wondered if this was a new exercise routine he was trying out. When all of the groceries were in the house, I asked him why did he have to carry the bags upstairs first.
This is what he told me, " I thought when I picked up th
e bags, how heavy they felt and I wondered how much all of the groceries you bought weighed. SO I took them upstairs and weighed them. " All of the bags totaled just over 90 pounds. He continued, "SO look at all of these bags of groceries and you will see how much weight you have lost so far." WOW! That was a lot of groceries. I used to carry all of that around with me every day. I could not even carry two of those bags let alone all of them at the same time. 
It gave me a real picture of what my weight loss has been so far. When I think that I used to carry all of that around it amazes me. 
Lately I have felt a bit discouraged because the weight has not been coming off as much as I would like it to, but when I think about losing all of my groceries in weight, I realize how much I have accomplished so far. Yes, I have to lose that many groceries still to get to my goal, but I am proud to say, I have lost all of my groceries! 

No comments: