Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here I go

Here goes. John (my hubby) thinks I should start a blog. To keep people updated on what is going on with me. Personally, I think it will be pretty boring, but whatever.
This has been a rough week. I have been trying for three days to schedule a chest CT scan, as a result of the chest xray follow up I had done. I have spent the week trying going back and forth between the diagnostic center and the doctor's office trying to solve the problem of insurance pre-approval needed or not.
I am feeling frustrated, discouraged, upset and anxious. I want to have the test done already and find out how this all impacts my already long list of health issues. I cried for half an hour after the doctor's office called with the news, wondering how much more I can bear??? I take one step forward with my health only to get zapped with another big problem.
ON the positive side, several friends have called and offered me some real encouragement and comfort. My first reaction to all of this was "Am I going to be the first person in my family to have cancer?" and thoughts along those lines. Those calls have helped calm some of my fears.
So I continue one day at a time, one step at a time and put my trust in the Lord. I am still scared, but my focus is on He is always with me, holding me in His arms.

6 comments:

cjharker said...

Ruthie:
You can call the radiology place or your service provider to find out if it really needs precert. Otherwise the physicians office must justify the reason after an abnormal chest xray. I pray it's just a shadow from the view of the film. I will keep you in my prayers

John S. said...

Ruthie, I continue to be your biggest fan ever. Congratulations on your first venture into the world of the blog!

Unknown said...

Ruthie,
I will put you in my prayers! God will probably be glad to hear me ask for health and healing for you instead of myself again!
In case you need help with the insurance maze feel free to call me since this is what I do as part of my job every day.. Calling for Pre-certs and authorizations if they are indeed needed.
So congratulations on your first venture into the world of blog..
Blessings,
Audrey~
P.S. Linda has my cell number since I gave up my land line.

Del Smith said...

Ruthie, be encouraged! God is always in control...even when he "appears" not to be!

Unknown said...

Ruthie,
My prayers are with you every day.
Thanks for writing the blog to keep us updated. My prayer is that God's healing power will intevene for you.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruthie,
Thank you for sharing your blog. I love the lyrics to the song by Don Moen. It was Awesome! You are in my prayers and I am praying for complete healing for you my friend and Sister in Christ!