Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year End Reflections

Another year is coming to an end. Looking back, it has not been one of my better years. I have dealt with a lot of medical issues. The process has not been enjoyable. But I have learned many lessons, some good, some not so good. I have started recording my thoughts and situation in this blog. I have made some friends and lost some friends. I have come to appreciate things which many take for granted.
I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions. But there are some things I hope for in 2009.
I want to spend more time with people I care about ( God, family, friends).
I want to continue to eat healthy and take better care of this body God has given me, by diligently working on the medical issues.
I want to continue to go to the gym and be more active, hopefully bringing some relief to the constant back pain I live with.
I want to continue to be an encouragement and support to others.
I want to be more forgiving and gracious towards others.
I would like to get some projects done around the house.
I want to enjoy life more - to laugh more, to feel happy more of the time, to do things that bring joy to my heart.
I want to give and receive more hugs.
I want to let people know how much they mean to me.
I am sure there are more things I can add to this list, but I will stop there. May 2009 be a joyful, wonderful year for all of us.

3 comments:

Del Smith said...

Ruthie, loved your list of things to do in the New Year! I may have to adopt a few of those for me too.

Unknown said...

Like you I don't make New Year's resolutions but I try to continually be open to what God is saying needs to change. I try to work on self-improvement always, not just as a new year's resolution. My wish for you in the new year is improved health and relief from pain. You are in my prayers daily.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie

I don't make resolutions anymore either. I just never kept them anyway. Why waste the time!!! Anyway my daughter ask our team if they made a resolution what would it be. Mine was to read my Bible more and draw closer to God our Father.
I wish you the best in the coming year. May God Bless you with healing and restored health.
On this journey to home lets join hearts and hands and Praise His Name!