Monday, November 17, 2008

Doctor visit

Today is my 35th anniversary. John is on his way home from the airport and will be leaving tomorrow for three more days away.
Recently I got one of those email questionnaires where you had to answer a list of questions about yourself. One of them asked me to write in four places I go again and again. One of my replies was to the doctor.
My day began with a doctor appointment. It was a follow up to make sure my lungs and congestion were clear.
It used to be whenever I went to my primary doctor the first stop was always the scale. But since I have been losing weight, they have not weighed me. Today the nurse said they wanted to get an updated weight. She immediately pushed the weight all the way to one end. I told her no more for that - she was amazed at how much I had lost since they last weighed me. We talked about how I was losing weight (with the dietician) and she told me to keep up the good work.
When she took my BP it was high again 170/94.
The doctor checked my breathing and declared me to be congestion and wheeze free. PTL!!!! He was thrilled. It has been since August my lungs have been congested.
We talked about my BP and how the severe sleep apnea is probably what is making it so high. He added another medication which he hopes will take care of lowering it. I have to see him again in 6 weeks to see how the new medication is working.
All in all, I felt pretty good after that visit. Although the high BP is a concern, I am thinking positively that the medication, the continuing weight loss, and the upcoming sleep apnea re-evaluation will help keep it under control.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary.

I'm glad you got positive news from the doctor.

Hang in there and keep up the good work.

My prayers are with you.

Anna

Unknown said...

Althought I didn't acknowledge your anniversary my thoughts and prayers were with you and John. I hope you had a great day together. I am very happy for your good medical report! Praise the Lord INDEED! I hope and pray the continued weightloss, improved sleep apnea treatment, and the new meds will get that under control.

Pearlfleur said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. This is a wonderful accomplishment in this world where people seem to have a difficult time making a commitment that lasts. It is fantastic that you are getting a good medical report. Keep the focus ... one day at a time.

Pearl