Sunday, November 23, 2008

Roller Coaster Week

Monday was our 35th Anniversary. Although hubby was gone over the weekend, and had to be away Tuesday through Thursday, he did make it home for long enough on Monday that we could go out for dinner. We went to a favorite place and had a quiet dinner.
Tuesday I did laundry, as usual. In the evening I went out to dinner with a friend. Then we went shopping. Our first stop was Fashion Bug. I wanted to try on clothes to determine what size I actually wear at this point having lost some weight. I did a happy dance around the store as I am down two sizes!!! More good news, I was able to walk around that store for about 30 minutes with no cart and had no back pain until I was waiting in the checkout line.
Next we were on to Target. I pushed the cart around there for about an hour, but unfortunately felt no inspiration for Christmas gifts.
Wednesday Was a visit to the dietician for a weigh in. Although I lost two more pounds, the visit did not go well. She in the new dietician, as the original one got transferred. The first thing wrong was she sits behind her computer screen typing the entire visit. I mentioned this made me uncomfortable, so I moved in order to be able to see her. She seemed rushed, distracted and stressed. After lowering all of my nutritional values, I was whisked out the door.
Up until now, I have felt great about my dietician visits and advice. It has helped me learn to make healthy choices, eat proper portions and lose weight. With the lowering of the numbers, I tried and tried, but could not keep within the carb count she gave me. I worried about how low the numbers are at this point because I still have a long road of weight loss ahead. I started to feel discouraged and like a failure.
Thursday I had my hair permed. No one noticed. And I do mean NO ONE!!!
Friday I went to CVS to pick up some prescriptions, but the one that needed to be renewed by the dr was not there.
Hubby got home that night and I was happy to see him.
Saturday I decided to email the dietician with my concerns. The result is I will see her again tomorrow (Monday) to try and work it all out, before I decide whether to continue with her, go to the former dietician (over a 30 minute drive) or quit altogether with them.
Today I went to church. Worship was ok, except the leader sermonized too much. This gets my focus off of God and onto the leader. Good sermon on putting Give back in Thanksgiving and being thankful all the time.
That pretty much sums up my week. It had its ups and downs. I was busier than I have been able to be in a long time. I went out every day, but Saturday. Those are positives. Next time I will probably share something Thanksgiving-ish.

2 comments:

Pearlfleur said...

I am glad that you are going to talk more to the new dietician and see if she can focus more on what you need. Happy Anniversary -- 35 years -- how wonderful. Plus going down TWO dress sizes! You have something to celebrate.

Pearl

Unknown said...

I am happy you were able to have an active week. Great news about "down sizing". LOL Your weight loss is showing.
About your permed hair . . . .I was thinking: did she or didn't she? Last time I commented on your curly hair you hadn't had a perm so I decided not to mention it, but I did notice. It looks really nice, not frizzy nor too puffy. Keep up the good work! And I hope the dietician will work out good.