Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This and That

For those who have asked, my congestion is getting a little better every day. I am still coughing, but not as thick and hard. I have been very thankful for my sleep apnea machine. It has a built in humidifier which can be adjusted. I cranked it all the way up and have been able to sleep without too much coughing. Since being sick, I have had no appetite and have been living on "Ruthiemade" high protein shakes. I add tofu, dried egg white powder, fruit, Fage nonfat yogurt, almonds, flaxseed meal and protein powder to nonfat milk in order to get lots of protein, to help the body heal.
I saw the dietitian today and am another four pounds lighter. I am beginning to notice changes. Like I can now wear my anniversary ring John gave me for our 25th on the proper finger again. I have been wearing it on my pinkie. And the other day when I needed a warm coat to go out, I decided to try a favorite purple puffy one I haven't been able to wear for several years. It is two sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. Guess what??? It zipped right up! Small little victories but they help spur me on.
I was feeling kind of down about the election - but then read blogs by two pastors that helped me refocus . God is still on the throne no matter who the president is. It is HE in Whom I put my trust.
Finally I am going out to dinner with a friend tonight. We are meeting at Chevy's, where I am looking forward to some excellent guacamole.
So all in all it has been a good day and hopefully by the time I see the doctor again on Friday all the sickness will be gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. And I agree with the election results. What a mess. I am certainly less than hopeful myself.

Unknown said...

I am happy your are feeling better and that you're making progress in your diet/weight loss. Every victory counts!
I was also interested in reading your comments about the election. Like you, I am focusing on that God is in control. I've had a couple of experienes since the election that make me wonder about the signs of the end times. I had some unusual confrontations that surprised me with a couple of friends whose views usually match mine. But on the election issue, we stood on opposite sides. Admitting that I did not vote for Obama caused a shower of comments that ranged from sad to insulting, in the overwhelming deception my friends are under. Fortunately, this was preceded by a God-centered time of fellowship and prayer with another friend, which strengthened me to gracefully and quietly stand my ground and listen without comment. Their reaction to me not voting for Obama was an stunning animosity! But I have to say, although the deception they are under stunned me, my thoughts were how clear, now more than ever,the lines are drawn between those who are on God's side and those who are not. My hope and prayer is that we as Christians still are the salt of the earth, salty enough to be living testimonies to our non-Christian and "borderline" friends because as it says in Mark 13:22: "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect." I have sensed oppression around me in places it's never been. Time to not only put on the armor of God, but to live our daily lives in it!

aslatz said...

So happy for your weight loss and the noticeable changes – not just the #s on the scale. You go girl! You can do all things in Christ who strengthens you!!!! I love your blog. Praying for your continued healing and road to good health.