Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing Is Simple (continued)

The saga of nothing is simple continues.
I last reported that the medical supply company that provides my sleep apnea equipment had called to say they were waiting for a call back from my sleep doctor about the machine. She insists that the machine they want to bring me does exactly what the doctor has prescribed, but it is manufactured by a different company than the machine he ordered for me.
Later that day, the sleep doctor's office called me asking how long had I used this medical supply company, do I own my machine, why do I use that company. I could not answer most of her questions. She informed me that they wanted to bring me a different, cheaper machine than the doctor ordered and he would not approve it. She speculated as to why they wanted to do this. I told her what the woman had explained to me, but she insisted that the doctor knows that this alternative machine does not do what he needs it to do for me. I told her they needed to work it out.
I have heard nothing from either of them since then.
On to the CT scan saga. Last week I had the required blood work done. Yesterday I received the results in the mail, so called today to schedule the scan. (Even in my wildest imagination I could not make this stuff up!) When she looked at my information I had given her last week, she told me the insurance authorization number I had was only for a CT scan without contrast. The doctor ordered one WITH contrast. She told me I needed to call the doctor's office back to get a correct authorization number. I told her this was a nightmare, that it had taken me over a month for them to get me THAT authorization number, and I was SUPPOSED to have this scan done in January, and here it is, almost March.
I called the doctor's office and explained my predicament. Of course she was very nice, but I have absolutely no expectation of anything being done to get me another authorization number. As usual, she promised to call me back when they got the new number. I will not hold my breath. Maybe they will surprise me this time. But past experience makes me doubt it. It would be so much easier to just say forget it. It is just too hard getting anything done.
ON a positive note, I saw my chiropractor this morning. He told me he was very proud of the good work I am doing losing weight, eating healthy and working out at the gym. He adjusted my upper spine, then used the what I call the "drill" on my lower back. Although it hurts right now, I know in the long run it makes it feel better.
I am still trying to get the correct adjustment on my new sleep mask, so the bridge of my nose does not hurt so much, while keeping it from leaking air. I have to take my car in for service on Thursday because it is giving me an SRS malfunction message. And I just have not had the energy to deal with the colonoscopy yet, because I imagine all of the obstacles and difficulties scheduling that test will present. Nothing is simple.

3 comments:

i am supergirl. said...

if life was simple, the earth would be void of any humanity.

maybe you should just ask to speak to the manager next time.
that usually tends to get the job done. :)

Unknown said...

How aweful that the obstacles continue. I guess the CT scan place didn't bother looking at your authorizaton code until you had the blood work. It seems like they didn't want to allow two requirements of getting the test to be processed at the same time. That might have actually gotten you in there sooner, which seems to be against their policies and procedures. Good luck and I have to commend you on your determination. Determination is the positive application of stubbornness . . .it's a good thing our family genes did not lack in the department.

Anonymous said...

It's True no matter what we do it is not simple. But I don't think anything involving humans is simple. The only simple thing I know is Salvation and man has even tried to complicate that.

Any way Sorry that you are still having all these problems. Sometimes I wonder if these are tests of our abilities to endure trials and tests. :) I will continue to keep you in prayer.

Don't put off having the colonoscopy to long. That is not be a good thing. Maybe it will be easier to get that scheduled.

I like what Linda said about Determination being the positive application of stubborness. I will remember that one.

Hang in there. God Bless you with a wonderful day!