Friday, October 10, 2008

CT Scan results Part 2 : Good News Bad News and TMI

I just got back from the doctor where I discussed the results of my CT scan.
Good News:
On the way in, I met Pastor Chris. She took the time to pray with me before I went in to the office. God is so good!
My blood pressure was 140/60. (the 140 was from being nervous)
Although I have a hiatal hernia (which means the stomach has moved up higher into the esophagus area), it is small. Since it does not bother me, it requires no treatment.
I have arthritis in the thoracic spine area, along with degeneration, but that does not cause me any discomfort. Apparently this is a common problem.
Bad news:
I have spots and growths, as well as calcification throughout the lungs and abdominal area. (Good news: not cancerous growths) . He asked if I had a lot of lung infections as a child (no) or if I have been exposed to tuberculosis in recent years (not that I am aware of). There was a lot of evidence of "granulomatous disease". (From what I can figure out this has something to do with the immune system and not being able to fight off infections easily)
I must see a pulmonary doctor (October 22nd) to follow up on this and see what is going on and what treatment is in order.
Not good/not bad news:
The nodule in my lung is 8mm in size and need a follow up CT scan in three months to make sure it is stabilized and not growing.
He gave me a flu shot while I was there. I have never had one before.
SO there it is. All the way to the doctor I listened to "When I Hear the Thunder"
All the way home I listened to Crystal River singing "It's A Breeze" - the chorus goes like this:
Whatever it is you're facing that brings you to your knees
It might be a storm to you, but to God
It's a Breeze
God will turn your storm into a breeze
Fear not, He is with you, trust and believe
Never get down on your faith
Just get down on your knees
And God will turn your storm into a breeze."

So I am going to trust and believe ...get down on my knees ...and let God turn this storm into a breeze.
I appreciate your continued support, prayers and encouragement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a little behind on reading your blogs as I've had a very busy couple of weeks but today I read the ones I had missed. If you have not sent this to Audrey, you should. She very much has been though the constant pain like you're suffering and she would be able to understand and encourage you in ways that others would not not be able to.
I am sorry to realize how much you have been through. I know what it's like to get to the point of feeling is that all you have left ito keep you going is faith in God. And it's a beautiful work that God does in our lives when we realize that. People let us down as they are only human but I can say, God has never left me down. He sometimes answers in an unexpected way or even a way I would have rather avoided. But in the end, he's never failed me. I know he will do the same for you. Although I can't imagine being in your situation, and I can't imagine saying "all this physical pain was worth it." But I can say, in the emotional pain that I've been though, the circumstances that were the most difficult for me in my life, I look back and see how God changed me through it and how my relationship with Him grew, how I learned to trust Him. I say to myself now, it was worth it. I continue to pray for you daily.

John S. said...

I'm glad you blog or I wouldnt know this stuff. It sounds like mostly good news to me. All the problems you stated sound like things that dont bother you, and the things they were looking for were not cancerous, which is great. Although it sounds like a bunch of weird stuff going on, I think it has given you something to be positive about, and I am comforted by the fact that it was not as bad as it could have been.

John S. said...

that last comment was from me on dads computer- your son mike