Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Medical News

Good news: I am 6 pounds lighter.
Bad news: My dietician is changing locations and I will be seeing someone new from now on. She has helped me so much I hate to see her go.
Bad news: My blood pressure was higher than it has ever been when they checked it at the doctor's office this afternoon. I know it was nerves about what the doctor was going to diagnose.
Bad news: I have granulomotous disease in my lungs and spleen. There is inflammation and residual infection. The doctor kept asking me if I ever smoked or had tuberculosis. (No, no)
Good news: My lungs sounded clear today.
Bad news: I had to go have a TB test done at my family doctor's. (I have to go back for the results on Friday)
Good news: There is nothing to be done right now. I have to have another CT scan in three months and go back to the pulmonary doctor afterwards.
If the TB test is normal, then I can go have the breathing test my sleep doctor prescribed back in August when all of this started.
On the way to and from the doctor I was listening to my ipod in the car. I selected my Don Moen playlist. "I am the God That Healeth Thee" played on both trips - two different versions. Between the words of the songs and the prayers Don prayed, I knew in my heart that God has it all in control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good and :-( on the bad. I'm praying for you.

Anna (SP)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I continue to pray for you. As you said, God is in control and He can heal you.